puzzle #1: let's get in the zone

Puzzle 1: let's get in the zone
PDF PUZ

It's our first puzzle, so let's get into our zone.

As you probably already know, my name is Ada Nicolle, and this is my crossword site. I post on the 1st and 15th of every month. I know, I didn't post on the 1st this month, but that's just my luck for creating last minute scheduling changes. Nevertheless, I'm here now, and you are too, so let's jump into it.

This is a puzzle I am very proud about. I originally sent this theme idea into Buzzfeed while they were still taking crossword submissions. Unfortunately, it could not be published because *MINOR SPOILER ALERT* their applet couldn't handle rebus squares *END OF SPOILER ALERT*. However, I did receive good feedback on the theme. So, recently, I decided to come back to it and spruce up some of the fill and clues. (Big thanks to Erik Agard for test-solving it! He has been a big inspiration for starting this website.) I hope you have as much fun solving this puzzle as I did constructing it, because this theme comes from a very special place in my heart. :)

If you liked this puzzle, leave a comment down below, if you didn't, I'm glad you tried it out in the first place. Thanks for solving and I hope to see you again October 1st!

- Ada, a.k.a. The Word Nerd


 

Comments