puzzle #24: themeless eighteen

puzzle 24: themeless eighteen - exeunt!
PDF PUZ Solution

I've been thinking a lot recently about this comment by Kameron Austin Collins re: representation in crosswords. I have been focusing on prioritizing entries/clues that highlight people who are not cis straight white men, and I want to truly hold myself to that from now on. Please read the essay as Kameron puts into words a lot of really great points, it's a great read for constructors and solvers alike.

Onto this puzzle: another 16x15 grid! This puzzle started months ago with the stack in the middle and didn't come together until very recently. In fact, this puzzle probably would not have come out as smooth if not for 25-Across, an entry from a recent commercial I find so dumb that I had to include it. (I've been on top of my word list game, you feel me?) The clue for 11-Down mentions my cats, and I would be doing a huge disservice to not post pictures of them here. You have been blessed.


One last thing: if you like my puzzles and want them sent straight to your e-mail, please subscribe! I've moved the widget on the sidebar so that it's more accessible. Also, feel free to leave a comment if you like the puz. It means a lot! :)

Enjoy the puzzle! New one soon.

Comments